Happiness comes when you are anything but chasing it, and everyone desires it so. Have you ever met anyone who did not want to be happy? It is perhaps because of this desire that makes the quest for happiness so insatiable. After about a month of awful, unknown misery, I feel I’ve gained a bit of myself again. I can smile for no reason, I laugh at sporadic, simple things that I find funny.
There is no greater feeling of accomplishment than when one finds happiness on account of themselves. Not through a significant other, not through a streak of unhealthy decisions, but a mere contentment with their place in life. I have finally reached a point where a part of my life seems to be unfolding slowly before my eyes. I am so excited about the things I have coming in my near future that I can’t help but be happy and thankful for the many blessings I have received.
I had wished to be given a path that I could be consumed by; something that would give me such satisfaction, something that would enthrall me completely. I believe I have set my foot on that path, but like the weather on a beautiful day, there are always daunting clouds somewhere in the distance. Besides, it would only be too perfect to be without obstacles on my seemingly pristine pathway.
Nonetheless what would life be without those clouds to instigate motivation? It is that daunting threat that gives you the initiative to get all your fun and festivities in before the threat of the clouds begins to approach. Unlike the obstacles of life, we are able to somewhat prepare for the unpredictability of weather. We can pack an umbrella around all year round but there is no way of obtaining the tools needed to overcome the obstacles prior to when the obstacles hit. This is most likely because we are given the tools right when we need them most, and not only are they supplied for us, we also are given the knowledge of how to use them.
On a final note, how would one declare happiness unless they had known the feeling of being without? There must exist an alternate, converse feeling to happiness that allows for the full appreciation of feelings that happiness brings. In my opinion, life envelopes a rhythm, a series of ups and downs, crests and troughs that enable you to see that once you’re really down, an upward slope is on its way. It is so that perhaps the never-ending desires for happiness are insatiable, but if we place our desires in things that are sure to bring happiness, a crest is sure to come soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment