Ok, so I’m bitter. So what can I do? Sure, I can complain about it till the end of time, but then I wonder what my fellow passengers would think if they were to hear me complaining this way. I doubt I would receive any pity from them. Life isn’t always about getting what you want, or getting to go where you want when you want. It’s about the path you take to get there, wherever you do end up, and the attitude you upheld along the way. It’s about looking at what you still have despite what’s been taken away. I may not have a car but I have working legs that get me to the bus stop where a bus takes me to school, where I learn how to be a psychologist. What better place to watch people then when you are surrounded by them on a bus? Does that sound creepy? Nonetheless, the life lesson here is that life doesn’t end because of something trivial like having to take the bus. There is so much more to focus on. And I’m sure there will be many more devastating occurrences like this one in the course of my lifetime (ok maybe this one is not so devastating) and I will be ready to take them head on, you know why? Because I learned to take the bus.
Friday, March 9, 2007
When the going gets tough..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment